Finnish Subtitle Translation
Finnish subtitling and Finnish subtitle SRT translations
Adelphi Studio’s Finnish Subtitling Services produces both open and closed caption Finnish Subtitles. Adelphi Studio has been producing English to Finnish translations and subtitles for corporate video for over ten years. We produce Finnish subtitles in all video formats from videos such as Mov, MPEG-2, WMV, flv, etc.
(Click on image to play video)
To see more samples please visit our dedicated voice-over and subtitling website: www.adelphistudio.com
We also provide a transcription service in any language, to provide time-coded scripts for translation. The length of many languages will expand when compared to original English and care must be taken in the translation to keep the true meaning of the English, while staying within the time frame allowed.
Adelphi always produce all their Finnish subtitles in-house and never outsource any of the work therefore maintaining confidentiality as well as quality. Our multimedia department is set up to work on a wide range of subtitling formats. We are able to take your original video/DVD and recreate a working copy with Finnish subtitles.
Adelphi Studio is part of Adelphi Translations Ltd. a full service translation agency producing not only Finnish translations but also Finnish websites, Finnish typesetting and Finnish voice-overs. We have produced Finnish voice-overs and subtitles for company promotional videos, music videos, e-learning videos and instructional videos, either on the Internet or on DVD. These videos have been down sampled for the web and do not represent the actual quality of the video provided to the client.
Below is a sample portfolio showing various projects we have produced, click on the video to play.
Finnish Translations – Typesetting | Subtitling | Voice-overs
Adelphi is a proud member of the Association of Translation Companies (ATC), who require their members to adhere to a strict code of professional conduct, be subject to the rulings of a professional ethics committee and carry full professional indemnity insurance cover to safeguard the interests of the translation purchaser.
We offer a professional English and foreign language subtitling service producing subtitles in over 50 languages. Adelphi always produces all of its subtitles in-house — we never outsource any of the work, thereby maintaining confidentiality, consistency and quality. We can produce your subtitling in any video format required including MOV, MPEG-2, WMV, FLV and MP4.
Please visit our Finnish subtitling page at here
Adelphi’s Finnish voice-over service offers a range of quality Finnish voice-over artists and talents with a variety of skills and experience. We also have available a range of English samples by our English speaking Finnish voice artists. All our Finnish voice artists have been selected to offer a variety of ranges and styles covering everything from drama, commercials, corporate, Films, IVR’s (Interactive voice response), narrations etc., for you to choose from. We have Finnish voice artists in a range of ages and some who can do character voices as well as traditional voices.
Please visit our Finnish voice-over page at here
Adelphi has been typesetting Finnish for over ten years and can work on your Adobe InDesign, Adobe FrameMaker, Quark XPress or Microsoft Office files. To avoid any problems when printing it is our procedure to provide you with high quality, print-ready PDFs at the end of the process. Our in-house proofreading ensures that your final product is as accurate as possible, offering you true peace of mind. We are more than happy to typeset a translation you have provided or we can organise one for you ourselves if you would prefer.
Please visit our Finnish typesetting page here
Website translation and localisation
Adelphi Translations are experts in website translation. We have translated and localised websites in over 50 different languages often using 10 or more languages on a single website. We work on your WordPress, HTML, PHP, ASP files, localising your website ready for publishing.
Finnish desktop publishing
English to Finnish Subtitle Localisation
Adelphi produces the translations, SRT files and the finished subtitled video making it ready to publish in any format required. We produce foreign language and English subtitles for company promotional videos, e-learning, TV and films.
Our Finnish subtitling services include:
- In-house translation department
- SRT file creation
- On-screen text localisation
- Motion graphics localisation
- In-house production studio
- In-house translation agency
- Dedicated project manager
Our subtitling and voice-over department, Adelphi Studio, is part of Adelphi Translations Ltd., a full-service translation agency producing not only Finnish translations and subtitles but also Finnish typesetting and Finnish voice-overs.
Adelphi is a Finnish subtitling agency that aims to provide a full video localization service to our customers.
Style of subtitles
There are various styles of Finnish subtitles that we can offer. Not just the style of Finnish font but also whether or not to use an opaque background behind the text or even a stylised background for dramatic effect or no background at all. We can advise you on the options available to suit your video and even produce samples for you to consider.
Localisation of on-screen text
Localising any on-screen text and motion graphics on your video into Finnish. Depending on the individual graphics and the source software used to create them we could require the original data package it was produced in.
SRT translation and transcription services
Using Adelphi’s English to Finnish translation services for subtitling, quality and timing can be closely controlled throughout the project, ensuring that your subtitles will always be ready to publish on or before your deadline. We also provide Finnish subtitling for many translation agencies around the world and are happy to work with their translations. As some languages must use specific fonts in order to work with the subtitling software, we can consult with you on your needs and advise you of all of your options. Adelphi is a proud member of the Association of Translation Companies (ATC).
Our in-house subtitle translations department are experts in English to Finnish translations and subtitle SRT files. SRT files are time-coded transcripts that can be imported into the subtitling software that then displays the correct subtitle in the correct sequence.
We also offer a transcription service for those customers lacking a transcript of their videos. We provide time-coded scripts of your videos that are ready to be translated. We will then use those translations for the subtitle text, sending you the files at each stage of the process for you to review and assess.
Below are subtitle samples in various languages, click on the video you wish to watch.
Finnish desktop publishing and typesetting services
Our Finnish DTP and typesetting services include:
- Finnish Document Translations
- Finnish Proofreading
- Finnish Desktop publishing and typesetting using all major publishing software
- Desktop publishing into over 120 languages
- Quality assurance checking throughout the process
- The localisation of graphics in documents
- Dedicated project manager
- Fast turnaround
- Print ready PDFs set to your specifications
- 100% work carried out In-house by our own DTP studio
We work for companies and organisations such as Disney, Vidal Sassoon, and Jaguar Land Rover, to list a few. Plus international aid agencies such as Amnesty International, Refugee Action, UNICEF and the Refugee Council as well as many translation agencies and publishing companies all over the world.
What is the difference between desktop publishing and typesetting
Simply stated, DTP (desktop publishing) and typesetting are the same. They both include putting the translated text into the original layout using software programs like InDesign, Quark, and Illustrator etc. Historically typesetting was just that, the setting of wood or metal type into blocks to print from. Desktop publishing was first developed at Xerox PARC in the 1970s and is often used to describe using a computer and software to set the type for publications.
- Typesetting is also defined as: Typesetting is the process, the craft, of setting the type for a document, not to be confused with typography, which is the art of designing the type.
- Desktop publishing is also defined as The production of printed matter by means of a printer linked to a desktop computer, with special software.
Desktop publishing tips for localising English materials
- In some designs the pages are simply filled with text, leaving no room for text expansion. Most languages (with some notable exceptions) run longer than English and some of them run much longer. This causes the localised versions to have to make some sort of compromise: either text becomes smaller or a condensed font is used, or some material is completely cut out for brevity. Neither scenario is ideal, so it is much better to consider this aspect of the task at the design stage.
- Overuse of text formatting features such as drop caps, CAPITALISED TEXT, coloured text, bold text and italic text etc. can slow down the localisation process, as the formatting needs to be applied to the precise word or phrase in translation that is equivalent to the English. Sometimes, this does not work at all if the target language has a dramatically different word order.
- Embedded, non-editable text in images require extra attention and can slow things down dramatically, especially when over the main part of the image. Where possible, the text should be made available for editing in InDesign. If not, we will require all of the PSD files to work with.
- Avoid designing paragraphs or “word clouds” with mixed font sizes that look good in English but have no chance of being replicated in the target language: quite often they do not have the same impact when localised and can often be “lost in translation”. Furthermore, due to word order difference, keywords in English at the beginning of a sentence might end up in the middle or at the end of the sentence when translated.
- One of the most frequent issues we encounter is the incorrect and inconsistent usage of style sheets, in particular where one style has been used but in some instances, bold text, italics or even different fonts have been changed manually. This can cause significant delays in the localisation process.
- Sending the artwork to be typeset BEFORE it is signed off by the client is never a good idea, and neither are new design changes after we have already started the work. We can do nothing in situations like these where significant changes are requested mid-project but start again and present new figures for the work, delaying work and incurring further costs for the client.
Adelphi Translations Limited is a company registered in England and Wales.
Company Number 06989736 · Registered Office Thorncliffe Park Estate, Chapeltown, Sheffield S35 2PH