Czech Voice-over Services
You can download any of the audio files with the download button on the audio player.
Spotlight: Czech voice artists
Video voiced by Karel W
Professional audio editing
Adelphi offers professionally edited audio as standard for all of our voice over projects. What exactly does this mean? Go here and we will have a look at what we do with the audio before delivering it to our clients, changing the ‘raw’ unedited audio data into professional, clean-sounding voice-over files. Included in our quality checks are, listening to the audio to check for any errors, that the pronunciation is correct, all segments have been recorded, timings are right and the files are correctly split and named; we take out any overly long pauses and normalise the levels so all the audio is of the same volume.
We work specifically with professional talents so that we maintain our level of quality and professionalism. Each of our talents has their own rates that they work with, this being based on the region they are from, the nature of the project and if they are part of a union.
In a one-hour recording session, our talents can record between 1,500 – 3,000 words of voice-over, which is 10 – 20 minutes of audio. This depends on the speed required for the project; e.g. slow for audiobooks and narrations, regular paced e-learning, or fast for commercials.
Voice-over usage fees
This is a complex subject as each of our talents has their own rates for the usage fees. Some talents will charge a fee and some will not. Things to consider about the buyout fees is where the material will be shown such as radio; is that local radio, regional radio or national radio?
The usage fee will also depend on the country the voice artist is based in as there is no international standard rate. We recommend you approach us first and let us know the nature of the project and the budget you have. We will then provide you with the talents that are flexible enough to work within your needs.
Czech voice-over translations
Our experienced translation team will work with you to fully understand your project in order to effectively manage the workflow from concept to completion. Adelphi ensures that all our translators are professional and work only into their mother tongue. If the Czech audio is going to be used over a video, then the voice-over translation could include time-codes to help the engineer sync up the audio to the video.
The style of translation is important for voice-over translations and should reflect the genre, e.g. if it is for marketing, public information, drama etc. The audio translator will have a copy of the video as a reference and is instructed to translate using a style to match the source material. All our translators have signed an NDA (non-disclosure agreement).
We also provide transcriptions from audio or video in any language, which can be used for processes like providing time-coded transcripts for translation. The length of many languages will expand when compared to the original English and care must be taken in the translation to keep the true meaning of the English, while staying within the time frames allowed in the audio/video. Depending on the language, we sometimes have to edit the English to make a more concise version of the original; this is because the spoken version of many languages is much longer than the English and may not fit in the allocated time-slot. In these cases, we will, of course, discuss the edited English with you first before we begin translation into Czech.
Subtitling can often offer a cheaper alternative to voice-overs, at Adelphi we also produce English and Foreign language subtitles in over 80 languages. So if your not sure which is best for your project, voice-overs or subtitles give us a call or drop us an email and we will answer any questions you have.
Czech desktop publishing and typesetting services
Our Czech DTP services include:
- Czech Document Translations
- Czech Proofreading
- Czech Desktop publishing and typesetting using all major publishing software
- Desktop publishing in over 120 languages
- DTPQA quality assurance checking of documents
- Localisation of graphics in documents
- Dedicated project manager
- Fast turnaround
- Print ready PDFs set to your specifications
- 100% work carried out In-house by our own DTP studio
We work for companies and organisations such as Disney, Vidal Sassoon, Tesco and Jaguar Land Rover, to list a few. Plus international aid agencies such as Amnesty International, Refugee Action, UNICEF and the Refugee Council as well as many translation agencies and publishing companies all over the world.
What is the difference between desktop publishing and typesetting
Simply stated, DTP (desktop publishing) and typesetting are the same. They both include putting the translated text into the original layout using software programs like InDesign, Quark, and Illustrator etc. Historically typesetting was just that, the setting of wood or metal type into blocks to print from. Desktop publishing was first developed at Xerox PARC in the 1970s and is often used to describe using a computer and software to set the type for publications.
- Typesetting is also defined as: Typesetting is the process, the craft, of setting the type for a document, not to be confused with typography, which is the art of designing the type.
- Desktop publishing is also defined as The production of printed matter by means of a printer linked to a desktop computer, with special software.
Desktop publishing tips for localising English materials
- In some designs the pages are simply filled with text, leaving no room for text expansion. Most languages (with some notable exceptions) run longer than English and some of them run much longer. This causes the localised versions to have to make some sort of compromise: either text becomes smaller or a condensed font is used, or some material is completely cut out for brevity. Neither scenario is ideal, so it is much better to consider this aspect of the task at the design stage.
- Overuse of text formatting features such as drop caps, CAPITALISED TEXT, coloured text, bold text and italic text etc. can slow down the localisation process, as the formatting needs to be applied to the precise word or phrase in translation that is equivalent to the English. Sometimes, this does not work at all if the target language has a dramatically different word order.
- Embedded, non-editable text in images require extra attention and can slow things down dramatically, especially when over the main part of the image. Where possible, the text should be made available for editing in InDesign. If not, we will require all of the PSD files to work with.
- Avoid designing paragraphs or “word clouds” with mixed font sizes that look good in English but have no chance of being replicated in the target language: quite often they do not have the same impact when localised and can often be “lost in translation”. Furthermore, due to word order difference, keywords in English at the beginning of a sentence might end up in the middle or at the end of the sentence when translated.
- One of the most frequent issues we encounter is the incorrect and inconsistent usage of style sheets, in particular where one style has been used but in some instances, bold text, italics or even different fonts have been changed manually. This can cause significant delays in the localisation process.
- Sending the artwork to be typeset BEFORE it is signed off by the client is never a good idea, and neither are new design changes after we have already started the work. We can do nothing in situations like these where significant changes are requested mid-project but start again and present new figures for the work, delaying work and incurring further costs for the client.
Czech Translations – Typesetting | Subtitling | Voice-overs
Adelphi is a proud member of the Association of Translation Companies (ATC), who require their members to adhere to a strict code of professional conduct, be subject to the rulings of a professional ethics committee and carry full professional indemnity insurance cover to safeguard the interests of the translation purchaser.
We offer a professional English and foreign language subtitling service producing both open- and closed-caption subtitles in over 50 languages. Adelphi always produces all of its subtitles in-house — we never outsource any of the work, thereby maintaining confidentiality, consistency and quality. We can produce your subtitling in any video format including MOV, MPEG-2, WMV, FLV and MP4.
Please visit our Croatian subtitling page here
Czech voice-overs – over 20 Czech voice artists
Adelphi’s Czech voice-over service offers a range of quality Czech voice-over artists and talents with a variety of skills and experience. We also have available a range of English samples by our English speaking Czech voice artists. All our Czech voice artists have been selected to offer a variety of ranges and styles covering everything from drama, commercials, corporate, Films, IVR’s (Interactive voice response), narrations etc., for you to choose from. We have Czech voice artists in a range of ages and some who can do character voices as well as traditional voices.
Please visit our Czech voice-over page here
Adelphi has been typesetting Czech for over ten years and can work on your Adobe InDesign, Adobe Framemaker, Quark XPress or Microsoft Office files. To avoid any problems when printing it is our procedure to provide you with high quality, print-ready PDFs at the end of the process. Our in-house proofreading ensures that your final product is as accurate as possible, offering you true peace of mind. We are more than happy to typeset a translation you have provided or we can organise one for you ourselves if you would prefer.
Please visit our Czech typesetting page here
Website translation and localisation
Adelphi Translations are experts in website translation. We have translated and localised websites in over 50 different languages often using 10 or more languages on a single website. We work on your WordPress, HTML, PHP, ASP files, localising your website ready for publishing.
Czech desktop publishing
Czech voice-over Services
English to Czech Subtitle Localisation
Our Czech subtitling services include:
- In-house translation department
- SRT file creation
- On-screen text localisation
- Motion graphics localisation
- In-house production studio
- In-house translation agency
- Dedicated project manager
Our subtitling and voice-over department, Adelphi Studio, is part of Adelphi Translations Ltd., a full-service translation agency producing not only Czech translations and subtitles but also Czech typesetting and Czech voice-overs.
Adelphi is a Czech subtitling agency that aims to provide a full video localization service to our customers.
Styles of subtitles
There are various styles of Czech subtitles that we can offer. Not just the style of Czech font but also whether or not to use an opaque background behind the text or even a stylised background for dramatic effect or no background at all. We can advise you on the options available to suit your video and even produce samples for you to consider.
Localisation of on-screen text
Localising any on-screen text and motion graphics on your video into Czech. Depending on the individual graphics and the source software used to create them we could require the original data package it was produced in.
SRT translation and transcription services
Using Adelphi’s English to Czech translation services for subtitling, quality and timing can be closely controlled throughout the project, ensuring that your subtitles will always be ready to publish on or before your deadline. We also provide Czech subtitling for many translation agencies around the world and are happy to work with their translations. As some languages must use specific fonts in order to work with the subtitling software, we can consult with you on your needs and advise you of all of your options. Adelphi is a proud member of the Association of Translation Companies (ATC).
Our in-house subtitle translations department are experts in English to Czech translations and subtitle SRT files. SRT files are time-coded transcripts that can be imported into the subtitling software that then displays the correct subtitle in the correct sequence.
We also offer a transcription service for those customers lacking a transcript of their videos. We provide time-coded scripts of your videos that are ready to be translated. We will then use those translations for the subtitle text, sending you the files at each stage of the process for you to review and assess.
Below are subtitle samples in various languages, click on the video you wish to watch.
Czech Voice-Over and Translation
Our Czech voice-over artists at Adelphi are able to provide you with high quality recordings for your Film, TV, web or DVD projects. Adelphi also produces Czech translations. We can sync the recorded Czech voice back into your video making it ready to publish.
You can filter by language, dialect, level of professional experience and gender of the artist by using the drop-down menus.
Click + to add voices to favourites and these will automatically be included in your quote request.
Adelphi offers a range of voice talents
Professional Voice-over Artists
Full time professional voice-over artists from all over the world
Semi Professional Voice-over Artists
Semi-professional voice-over artists experienced in producing high-level corporate productions
Standard Voice-over Artists
Voices for budget productions recorded in our own studios
Czech Accented English Voice-over Artists
English-accented voice artists. With both professional and standard voices available.
The level of Czech voice-over required can vary. Some clients require high-level, BBC style Czech voice-over artists for commercial use, others require just a clear reading voice, while some prefer a Czech voice-over by a local amateur. The choice is the client’s. Depending on the subject matter, some choose a male or female for their Czech voice and specify a specific age group.
At Adelphi we will try to accommodate whatever type of Czech voice-over you require. We will either send samples of artists we already have on our books, or search for and record new voices for you to choose from. Please be aware that the price of a voice-over artist will be dependent on their level of experience.
As well as Czech this project was also translated and voiced in French, Polish and Italian.
Click on vide to play
Subtitling and Translations
Adelphi Studio have also been producing foreign language and English subtitles, to see more samples please visit our dedicated website at adelphistudio.com
Click on vide to play
Adelphi Translations Limited is a company registered in England and Wales.
Company Number 06989736 · Registered Office Thorncliffe Park Estate, Chapeltown, Sheffield S35 2PH