Serbian Voice-over Services
Serbian Voice-over Services
You can download any of the audio files with the download button on the audio player.
Professional audio editing
Adelphi offers professionally edited audio as standard for all of our voice over projects. What exactly does this mean? Go here and we will have a look at what we do with the audio before delivering it to our clients, changing the ‘raw’ unedited audio data into professional, clean-sounding voice-over files. Included in our quality checks are, listening to the audio to check for any errors, that the pronunciation is correct, all segments have been recorded, timings are right and the files are correctly split and named; we take out any overly long pauses and normalise the levels so all the audio is of the same volume.
Serbian voice-over talents
We work specifically with professional Serbian talents so that we maintain our level of quality and professionalism. Each of our Serbian artists has their own rates that they work with, this being based on the region they are from, the nature of the project and if they are part of a union or not. In a one-hour recording session, our Serbian talents can record between 1,500 – 3,000 words of voice-over, which is 10 – 20 minutes of audio. This depends on the speed required for the project; e.g. slow for audiobooks and narrations, regular paced e-learning, or fast for commercials.
Voice-over usage fees
This is a complex subject as each of our talents has their own rates for the usage fees. Some talents will charge a fee and some will not. Things to consider with the buyout fees is where the material will be shown such as radio; is that local radio, regional radio or national radio?
The usage fee will also depend on the country the voice artist is based in as there is no international standard rate. We recommend you approach us first and let us know the nature of the project and the budget you have. We will then provide you with the talents that are flexible enough to work within your needs.
English speaking Serbian voice artists
English voice-overs with Serbian accent. Our Serbian voice artists speaking English offer great options for your audio project. Adelphi provides Serbian-accented English voice-overs to customers all over the world.
Serbian voice-over translations
Our experienced translation team will work with you to fully understand your project in order to effectively manage the workflow from concept to completion. Adelphi ensures that all our translators are professional and work only into their mother tongue. If the Serbian audio is going to be used over a video, then the voice-over translation could include time-codes to help the engineer sync up the audio to the video.
The style of translation is important for voice-over translations and should reflect the genre, e.g. if it is for marketing, public information, drama, etc. The audio translator will have a copy of the video as a reference and is instructed to translate using a style to match the source material. All our translators have signed an NDA (non-disclosure agreement).
We also offer a transcription service for those customers lacking a transcript of their videos. We provide time-coded scripts of your videos ready to be translated. We will then use those translations for the subtitle text, sending you the files at each stage of the process for you to review and assess.
Subtitling can often offer a cheaper and faster alternative to a voice-over, at Adelphi we also produce English and Foreign language subtitles in over 80 languages. So if your not sure which is best for your project, voice-overs or subtitles give us a call or drop us an email and we will answer any questions you have.
English to Serbian Subtitle Localisation
Our Serbian subtitling services include:
- In-house translation department
- SRT file creation
- On-screen text localisation
- Motion graphics localisation
- In-house production studio
- In-house translation agency
- Dedicated project manager
The Serbian Cyrillic alphabet and is closely related to and mutually intelligible with Croatian, Bosnian and Montenegrin. Serbian is currently written with both the Cyrillic and Latin alphabets, which are both officially recognised. Serbian contains many loan words from Greek and Turkish and continues to borrow new words from various languages.
Our subtitling and voice-over department, Adelphi Studio, is part of Adelphi Translations Ltd., a full-service translation agency producing not only Serbian translations and subtitles but also Serbian typesetting and Serbian voice-overs.
Adelphi is a Serbian subtitling agency that aims to provide a full video localization service to our customers.
Style of subtitles
There are various styles of Serbian subtitles that we can offer. Not just the style of Serbian font but also whether or not to use an opaque background behind the text or even a stylised background for dramatic effect or no background at all. We can advise you on the options available to suit your video and even produce samples for you to consider.
Localisation of on-screen text
Localising any on-screen text and motion graphics on your video into Serbian. Depending on the individual graphics and the source software used to create them we could require the original data package it was produced in.
SRT translation and transcription services
Using Adelphi’s English to Serbian translation services for subtitling, quality and timing can be closely controlled throughout the project, ensuring that your subtitles will always be ready to publish on or before your deadline. We also provide Serbian subtitling for many translation agencies around the world and are happy to work with their translations. As some languages must use specific fonts in order to work with the subtitling software, we can consult with you on your needs and advise you of all of your options. Adelphi is a proud member of the Association of Translation Companies (ATC).
Our in-house subtitle translations department are experts in English to Serbian translations and subtitle SRT files. created specifically for subtitling projects. SRT files are time-coded transcripts that can be imported into the subtitling software that then displays the correct subtitle in the correct sequence.
We also offer a transcription service for those customers lacking a transcript of their videos. We provide time-coded scripts of your videos that are ready to be translated. We will then use those translations for the subtitle text, sending you the files at each stage of the process for you to review and assess.
Below are subtitle samples in various languages, click on the video you wish to watch.
Serbian desktop publishing and typesetting services
Our Serbian DTP and typesetting services include:
- Serbian Document Translations
- Serbian Proofreading
- Serbian Desktop publishing and typesetting using all major publishing software
- Desktop publishing into over 100 languages
- Quality assurance checking throughout the process
- Localisation of graphics in documents
- Dedicated project manager
- Fast turnaround
- Print ready PDFs set to your specifications
- 100% work carried out in-house by our own DTP studio
We work for companies and organisations such as Disney, Vidal Sassoon, and Jaguar Land Rover, to list a few. Plus international aid agencies such as Amnesty International, Refugee Action, UNICEF and the Refugee Council as well as many translation agencies and publishing companies all over the world.
What is the difference between desktop publishing and typesetting
Simply stated, DTP (desktop publishing) and typesetting are the same. They both include putting the translated text into the original layout using software programs like InDesign, Quark, and Illustrator etc. Historically typesetting was just that, the setting of wood or metal type into blocks to print from. Desktop publishing was first developed at Xerox PARC in the 1970s and is often used to describe using a computer and software to set the type for publications.
- Typesetting is also defined as: Typesetting is the process, the craft, of setting the type for a document, not to be confused with typography, which is the art of designing the type.
- Desktop publishing is also defined as The production of printed matter by means of a printer linked to a desktop computer, with special software.
Desktop publishing tips for localising English materials
- In some designs the pages are simply filled with text, leaving no room for text expansion. Most languages (with some notable exceptions) run longer than English and some of them run much longer. This causes the localised versions to have to make some sort of compromise: either text becomes smaller or a condensed font is used, or some material is completely cut out for brevity. Neither scenario is ideal, so it is much better to consider this aspect of the task at the design stage.
- Overuse of text formatting features such as drop caps, CAPITALISED TEXT, coloured text, bold text and italic text etc. can slow down the localisation process, as the formatting needs to be applied to the precise word or phrase in translation that is equivalent to the English. Sometimes, this does not work at all if the target language has a dramatically different word order.
- Embedded, non-editable text in images require extra attention and can slow things down dramatically, especially when over the main part of the image. Where possible, the text should be made available for editing in InDesign. If not, we will require all of the PSD files to work with.
- Avoid designing paragraphs or “word clouds” with mixed font sizes that look good in English but have no chance of being replicated in the target language: quite often they do not have the same impact when localised and can often be “lost in translation”. Furthermore, due to word order difference, keywords in English at the beginning of a sentence might end up in the middle or at the end of the sentence when translated.
- One of the most frequent issues we encounter is the incorrect and inconsistent usage of style sheets, in particular where one style has been used but in some instances, bold text, italics or even different fonts have been changed manually. This can cause significant delays in the localisation process.
- Sending the artwork to be typeset BEFORE it is signed off by the client is never a good idea, and neither are new design changes after we have already started the work. We can do nothing in situations like these where significant changes are requested mid-project but start again and present new figures for the work, delaying work and incurring further costs for the client.
Serbian Translations – Typesetting | Subtitling | Voice-overs
Adelphi is a proud member of the Association of Translation Companies (ATC), who require their members to adhere to a strict code of professional conduct, be subject to the rulings of a professional ethics committee and carry full professional indemnity insurance cover to safeguard the interests of the translation purchaser.
We offer a professional English and foreign language subtitling service producing subtitles in over 50 languages. Adelphi always produces all of its subtitles in-house — we never outsource any of the work, thereby maintaining confidentiality, consistency and quality. We can produce your subtitling in any video format required including MOV, MPEG-2, WMV, FLV and MP4.
Serbian subtitling services by Adelphi, click the video to play
Please visit our Serbian subtitling page here
Adelphi’s Serbian voice-over service offers a range of quality Serbian voice-over artists and talents with a variety of skills and experience. We have over 1,400 voice artists in 80 languages. At Adelphi, we will try to accommodate whatever type of Serbian voice-over you require. We will either send samples of artists we already have on our books or search for and record new voices for you to choose from. Please be aware that the price of a voice-over artist will be dependent on their level of professional experience.
Please visit our Serbian voice-over page here
Adelphi has been typesetting Serbian for over ten years and can work on your Adobe InDesign, Adobe FrameMaker, Quark XPress or Microsoft Office files. To avoid any problems when printing it is our procedure to provide you with high quality, print-ready PDFs at the end of the process. Our in-house proofreading ensures that your final product is as accurate as possible, offering you true peace of mind. We are more than happy to typeset a translation you have provided or we can organise one for you ourselves if you would prefer.
Please visit our Serbian typesetting page here
Website translation and localisation
Adelphi Translations are experts in website translation. We have translated and localised websites in over 50 different languages often using 10 or more languages on a single website. We work on your WordPress, HTML, PHP, ASP files, localising your website ready for publishing.
Please visit our website translation page here
Serbian Desktop Publishing
Adelphi Translations Limited is a company registered in England and Wales.
Company Number 06989736 · Registered Office Thorncliffe Park Estate, Chapeltown, Sheffield S35 2PH